Job Title Commercial Manager
Reporting to Commercial Director
Depot Podington, Northampton
You will develop and implement the business's commercial strategy by working closely with the commercial director and Quantity Surveyors. You will identify new opportunities while promoting and increasing the commercial activity, supporting the team to work efficiently and in line with best practices for the long-term commercial success of the company.
A typical week might involve
- Support the Commercial Director in developing and implementing the business commercial strategy within your projects & projecting the organisation's ethos
- Assist in developing and implementing and adhering to MSF’s commercial strategy.
- Expectation to manage multiple projects of varying sizes and complexities from a senior level
- Ensure that clear and accurate budgets are done at tender award and then monthly per project via Elite
- Compilation of various reporting documents from team and reporting to Commercial Director
- Management of client and subcontractor accounts
- Weekly review and analysis of programme, progress, and cost monitoring.
- Change control management.
- Risk & opportunity management.
- Financial monitoring and reporting and liaising with the project team.
- Development and Agreement of Project Forecasts with Operational teams
- Detailed commercial analysis of various outputs.
- Commercial support on tenders
- Commercial support for quality submissions
- Following MSF-approved work procedures
- Leading, supporting, and developing commercial colleagues
As a rapidly growing business, no two days are ever the same so what you do will vary. The nature of our business and the pace we move at also means that priorities do change, and you will need to be comfortable with this.
apply if You are
- Strong negotiator with commercial awareness
- Great at prioritising effectively, and able to deal with multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Good at communicating and able to build effective relationships with people at all levels
- Details orientated and able to identify improvements needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Have strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Great at managing your time effectively
- Looking for a busy environment
- A good team player
- A BSc (Hons) in Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying is desirable
- In debt knowledge of NEC form of contract
We are a growing business, and we are doing big and exciting things. We are looking for like-minded people who want to grow with us and be part of our journey and in return, we offer a collaborative working environment that encourages and supports continuous improvement and career development.
Our values underpin how we work and act and are crucial to our ongoing success.