Job Title Quantity Surveyor - Senior
Reporting to Commercial Manager
Depot Podington, Northampton
You will manage projects of various sizes ensuring clear and accurate budgets are produced. You will have an effective relationship with both clients and internal departments to ensure the contract is completed within its projected budget.
A typical week might involve
- Support the Commercial Director/Commercial Manager in developing and implementing the business commercial strategy within your projects & projecting the organisation's ethos
- Assist with the development of, implementation, and adherence to MSF’s commercial strategy.
- Expectation to manage multiple projects of varying sizes and complexities
- Ensure that clear and accurate budgets are done at tender award and then monthly per project via Elite
- Procurement of works to meet and exceed programme and ideally tender budgets.
- Preparation of sub-contract documents for tendering.
- Management of client and subcontractor accounts
- Weekly review and analysis of programme, progress, and cost monitoring.
- Change control management.
- Risk & opportunity management
- Financial monitoring and reporting and liaising with the project team.
- Development and Agreement of Project Forecasts with Operational teams
- Detailed commercial analysis of various outputs.
- Commercial support on tenders.
- Submission of monthly application for payments
- Following MSF-approved work procedures
- Development and training of junior team members
As a rapidly growing business, no two days are ever the same so what you do will vary. The nature of our business and the pace we move at also means that priorities do change, and you will need to be comfortable with this.
apply if You are
- An experienced Quantity Surveyor and degree qualified in quantity surveying, or commercial management accredited
- Great at prioritising effectively, and able to deal with multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- A strong communicator and able to build strong relationships with people at all levels
- Details orientated and able to identify improvements needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Well organised with exceptional timekeeping
We are a growing business, and we are doing big and exciting things. We are looking for like-minded people who want to grow with us and be part of our journey and in return, we offer a collaborative working environment where encourages and supports continuous improvement and career development.
Our values underpin how we work and act and are crucial to our ongoing success.