Job Title Electrician
Reporting to Electrical Supervisor
Depot Newton Aycliffe
You will work on the electrical elements of Traffic Signs, Street Lighting, and Technology Installation works making sure the quality of the works meets the latest IEE Regulations, customer specifications, and requirements.
A typical week might involve
- SWA electrical terminations into lighting columns and feeder pillars
- Installation of secondary isolators into lighting columns
- Wiring and installing lanterns
- Testing & inspecting on street furniture and the completion of test certificate’s
- Fault finding
- Electrical survey’s
- Cable pulling
- Cable jointing
- Working from MEWPS
- Assisting within the operational logistics of driving vehicles
- Liaising with client’s and MSF personnel on site
- Carrying out a Risk Assessment prior to the commencement of any work activity
- Ensure all installations are completed to the correct standard, delivered on time and to budget.
- Completing relevant documentation, paperwork and raising on-site issue’s
- Maintain a high level of health and safety as per company policies/procedures
- Ensure all works are completed as per MSF QEHS policies and procedures
- Report and QEHS issues to supervisor and via Eyes and Ears App
As a rapidly growing business, no two days are ever the same so what you do will vary. The nature of our business and the pace we move at also means that priorities do change, and you will need to be comfortable with this.
ESSENTIAL TO THE ROLE
- You will make full use of all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E) including flameproof overalls, hard hats, task gloves, goggles, ear defenders, and boots at all appropriate times
- Checking that your company vehicle is fully maintained and kept in a roadworthy condition and reporting all faults and defects to the immediate Supervisor. Ensuring all the working areas of the vehicle are kept clean and tidy, and ensure that all tools and plants allocated to the vehicle are maintained
- Protecting the security of Company information and property (from both theft and damage)
- Minimizing Third-Party claims i.e., Public Liability and Customer Complaints
- Ensuring that a safe working environment is always maintained along with good housekeeping
apply if You are
- Comfortable working outside in a physically demanding role and sometimes working alone
- An Experienced Electrical Operative (experience in Street Furniture is a plus)
- A good communicator
- Comfortable working night shifts and away from home if required
- Committed to all installations being completed to the correct standards, delivered on time, and to budget
- Prepared to positively participate in all training relevant to your role
- Committed to a high level of health and safety as per company policies/procedures
- Committed to ensuring all works are completed as per MSF HSEQ policies and procedure and to reporting any HSEQ issues to supervisor and via Eyes and Ears App
It is imperative that you are committed to health and safety practises and ensuring that Employee and Public safety is protected and always maintained.
- CSCS/ CPCS, ECS cards
- Street works, IPAF,
- City & Guilds/ NVQ or equivalent in electrical installations
- Inspection and testing
- Full UK driving licence
- Electrical Street Lighting experience is desirable
We are a growing business, and we are doing big and exciting things. We are looking for like-minded people who want to grow with us and be part of our journey and in return, we offer a collaborative working environment where we encourage and support continuous improvement and career development.
We want applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and want to create a diverse workforce and inclusive environment free of discrimination and harassment.
We are committed to equal opportunities throughout employment, including remuneration, recruitment, training, and promotion of staff. We are dedicated to candidates being treated equally and assessed in accordance with their skills to perform the role we are recruiting for, and that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment or is unlawfully discriminated against on grounds of age, disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, religion, belief, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process, we want to help so please include it in your application.