Job Title Jointer’s Mate
Reporting to ICP Supervisor
Depot Podington, Northamptonshire
You will assist the Jointer in their role to make and repair joins in insulated power supply and control cables installed in underground pipes, trenches, and overhead systems up and down the country making sure the quality of the works meets the customer standards and requirements. You will take direction from the Jointer and be involved in tasks that are safe for you depending on your level of experience and suitable to your skillset.
A typical week might involve
- Assisting the Cable Jointer in their preparation and commencement of their work activity
- Ensuring that when the Cable Jointer works in both a DEAD and LIVE environment, they are working in a manner that complies with the Companies Operational Procedures and the Distribution Safety rules of the host DNO or IDNO
- Setting up site in accordance with Chapter 8 of NRSWA Street Works Code of Practice
- Carrying out excavations for passing electrical conductors to enable connection to these conductors if required
- Installing cable ducting systems to Client specifications
- Installing cable systems in accordance with Client and Manufactures instructions
- Carrying out a Risk Assessment prior to the commencement of any work activity
- To permanently reinstate (if required) the highway back to its original condition
- Ensure all installations are completed to the correct standard, delivered on time and to budget.
- Completing relevant documentation and paperwork
- Maintain a high level of health and safety as per company policies/procedures
- Ensure all works are completed as per MSF QEHS policies and procedures
- Report and QEHS issues to supervisor and via Eyes and Ears App
As a rapidly growing business, no two days are ever the same so what you do will vary. The nature of our business and the pace we move at also means that priorities do change, and you will need to be comfortable with this.
apply if You are
- Comfortable working outside in a physically demanding role
- An Experienced Cable Jointer (experience in Street Furniture is a plus)
- A good communicator
- Comfortable working night shifts and away from home if required
- Committed to all installations being completed to the correct standard, delivered on time, and to budget
- Prepared to positively participate in all training relevant to your role
- Committed to a high level of health and safety as per company policies/procedures
- Committed to ensuring all works are completed as per MSF HSEQ policies and procedure and to reporting any HSEQ issues to supervisor and via Eyes and Ears App
It is imperative that you are committed to health and safety practises and ensuring that Employee and Public safety is protected and always maintained.
ESSENTIAL TO THE ROLE
- You will make full use of all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E) including flameproof overalls, hard hats, task gloves, goggles, ear defenders, and boots at all appropriate times
- Checking that your company vehicle is fully maintained and kept in a roadworthy condition and reporting all faults and defects to the immediate Supervisor. Ensuring all the working areas of the vehicle are kept clean and tidy, and ensuring that all tools and plants allocated to the vehicle are maintained
- Protecting the security of Company information and property (from both theft and damage)
- Minimizing Third-Party claims i.e., Public Liability and Customer Complaints
- Ensuring that a safe working environment is always maintained
We are a growing business, and we are doing big and exciting things. We are looking for like-minded people who want to grow with us and be part of our journey and in return, we offer a collaborative working environment where we encourage and support continuous improvement and career development.
We want applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and want to create a diverse workforce and inclusive environment free of discrimination and harassment.
We are committed to equal opportunities throughout employment, including remuneration, recruitment, training, and promotion of staff. We are dedicated to candidates being treated equally and assessed in accordance with their skills to perform the role we are recruiting for, and that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment or is unlawfully discriminated against on grounds of age, disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, religion, belief, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process, we want to help so please include it in your application.